Friday, November 30, 2007

D300 + 2 Vivitar or go SB



ciordia9 posted a new topic:

So I've dumped..er..passed my Canon gear down to my wife as I get acclimated to the new D300. I feel so out of alignment not having my flash around and after trying every conceivable concept (to me) of getting Canon to work with Nikon, it's just not going to happen.



So I need some new flash gear. (sigh)



This is more for logic check; if I go down the Vivitar/Sunpak lineup I've lost ttl but I can bracket how I want. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, we bracket manually more times than not. Can I still run this with an off-camera cord or is it better to use the PC cord as the off camera cord? I like to hold my flashes instead of attaching them to a (strobo)frame.



The other side of the coin is to go back into CLSville with probably a SB600 for now and pick up an 800 later, probably another 600 after that. If using these guys can I override CLS with PC/cacti/PW?



Trying to find the best future path and I keep getting mired in the final understanding (probably that and looking at that SB800 price tag makes my mouth dry out).



What Pros/Cons am I dealing with that I'm not seeing?



Thoughts appreciated,



-a

No comments: