Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Reply to Is the kit lens really as bad as people say?



Miss Emily goes bananas posted a reply:

I use the kit lens all the time. The 50mm drives me crazy becuase I have to stand so far away from what I'm shooting. And I do a lot of SP's and it's next to impossible to do handheld with the 50mm. I tried to have someone take a picture of me on a couch in a small living room and they were backed up against the wall trying to get the person sititng right next to me in the picture completely.



If I want an alternative to the kit, that you don't have to back way up to shoot, what would that be? Wide angle? I am interested in that I think.



I'm still looking through more discussion threads, I may have mssed a relevant one...but most say to buy the 50mm or something similar. I want something wider than 50mm, I just don't know how wide. And I don't need telephoto, just a little zoom.

No comments: