Tuesday, November 27, 2007

OT: Telephoto zoom Lens



rfdphoto posted a new topic:

I'm trying to pick up an additional lens to bulk up my focal range. (so far all i have is a 17-85mm and a 50mm). I'm going on a trip for about 13 days and was thinking about renting some L gass, but for about the same price I could just buy a new lens - though no L glass sadly.



I'm looking at the Canon 75-300mm iii USM, the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro, and the Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD 1:2 Auto Focus Macro. I know that none of these are amazing lenses but this is what is in the budget at the present time.

My price range is as close to or under $200 as possible. I can pay a little extra for shipping but I'd like to stay close to $200.

I've used the 1st generation Canon 75-300mm before and got pretty good results but haven't touched any others. As of right now I'm leaning towards the Sigma.



I'm interested in people's experiences and opinions.

Go ahead everyone - hit me back with your wisdom.

No comments: