Thursday, November 29, 2007

Reply to Nikon vs. Canon



Dean Holtz posted a reply:

For me, better reviews, better handling, more user friendly. Also, Nikon is a world leader in optics. I know this because I used to make glasses and the only other manufacturer that compares to Nikon for optics is Carl Zeiss.



Nikon uses CCD so the colours are usually more vibrant than the CMOS on the Canons, but the CMOS definitely performs better in low light. Funny, the new D300 and D3 have gone to CMOS.



I am totally a Nikon Nerd!



Here's one to chew on though, the Rebel XT has the potential fo a screw to come loose inside and Canon will NOT cover the cost of damages caused to internal parts...yet another reason why I buy Nikon.



Lastly, most pros I have ever come across and most SLR users I have come across use Nikon. I was at the Toronto Zoo this summer and 80% of the SLR's that I saw were Nikons...Boo-Yah!

No comments: