Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reply to Final Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM question then I shut up



Art- posted a reply:

I think Image Stabilization in normal range lenses is a gimmick being pushed on the consumer to entice them to purchase slow lenses that don’t (by the way), even keep up with the auto focus capabilities of the cameras they are mounted on. IS on an 18-55 lens is about as ridiculous as it gets, next I suppose we’ll start seeing it on the 10-22. I know we all have different needs and capabilities but there is never an excuse for consistent bad technique, after all an almost sharp image is never acceptable. I do have IS on some of my longer lenses, but do not miss it in any lens under 200mm. Fast lenses that take advantage of your cameras design, solid shooting technique and the ever improving IQ at higher ISO’s will give you the same results.

No comments: