Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reply to Digital age and lens buying compulsion?



iomarch posted a reply:

You're right, nothing wrong with that. I think it's better to start with the 50/1.8 rather than the kit lens for sure. It just confuses me when people buy the kit - the whole point of SLR is to be able to pick the lenses, so why just take what it comes with instead of picking? But I have nothing major against the kit lens, just seems a poor choice to stick on a $600 body. But maybe that's cuz I don't like using flash.



Just seems to me like if you really wore out your point and shoot then you'd have a somewhat decent idea of what you want to photograph, so it makes sense in my mind to think about how that translates in terms of lens choice before buying rather than the "get the kit and figure it out" mentality.

No comments: