Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Focus points for landscape shots?



*Lemon posted a new topic:

I'm quite an amateur at photography and have some general questions about focus points. I'll try to make it sound simple and I'm using a Canon 20D with a Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 as my primary lens at the moment.



1. When shooting a general landscape with no real focus point i.e the whole scene is the focus point whats the best way to utilize the Canon 20Ds focus points "AF point"?

Would just using the center focus point be best or would using all 9 focus points be best to make sure everything is in focus?



2. I'm just confused what area is in focus if using the one center focus point.



3. When taking a picture where theres 2 main focus points i.e maybe someone standing in front of a mountain range and I want the whole scene to be in focus with no bokeh. What focus points should I use?

I know using a aperture of maybe f16 would make the whole scene in focus but what focus point should I use? Just the center point or all 9 AF points? Or is manual focus the answer?



Thanks for any help!

No comments: