Friday, September 28, 2007

Reply to Change my Canon S3 for the Sigma 70-300?



Pics on a shoestring posted a reply:

I recently got the sigma 70-300 apo macro lens and honestly don't regret buying it. It lacks a bit of sharpness at 200-300 (though that might be me not holding the camera steady, as I have no tripod), but it does give very nice results. I don't mind the loss of the 18-55 range, as I don't use those lenses for the same purpose (and I don't mind changing lenses when I do).



I do get a lot more chormatic abberation than with the 18-55. I have yet to find out if it is a lens-related problem or if I have merely been unlucky in my choice of subjects and woul have had the same results with the18-55.



The most recent photos are all taken with the sigma, if you want to have a look at the results.

No comments: