Sunday, October 28, 2007

Reply to Lens prices



Shane-o posted a reply:

The only thing you're missing is that Canon Australia are screwing the local retailers in the rear end. This has always been the case.

I guarantee you there wouldn't be more than a 10-15% markup on the lenses that the local retailers are selling.



Unfortunately with the AUD being so strong against the USD it just further screws the local retailers. I've just bought a flash from the US because it was about $100 cheaper than what I could buy it for wholesale over here. Complete with international warranty.



I suspect more and more people will be buying accessories from the US, and when Canon Australia's sales drop they'll have no one to blame but themselves. I could care less, but unfortunately it also means our local retailers get shafted in the process.

No comments: