Sunday, October 28, 2007

Upgrade help - flash vs lens



Ov. Caraiman posted a new topic:

Hi there!



Sorry if this kind of question was already here, but searching trough the topics wasn't helpful for me.



I have Canon 400D with kit lens and 50mm 1.8 II. I'm trying to go ( in terms of image quality, not creativity ) from what I have in my stream ( WARNING! Not child safe ) to this type of photography . The main purpose is commercial shots with that effect ( to start with ).



Options I have in my current budget : $ 900 (that's 620 in EUR)



Canon 70-200mm f4 L ( no IS ) or

Canon 200mm f2.8 L or

Tamron AF SP 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD ( to replace the kit ) + Canon 430ex or

Canon 580EX II or

Canon 17-40 f4 L ( to replace the kit ) or

Get the 40D



What is the next logical upgrade towards my target? Will the "flash only" option get me quality with the lens I have?



Thank you and hope I'll get some opinions on this.



Note:

- for other recommendations, please add around $200 on US lens cost to get the prices I'm having

- till now I found myself shooting handheld, rarely on tripod, available light

No comments: