Sunday, October 28, 2007

Reply to Upgrade help - flash vs lens



Ian_Boys posted a reply:

Looking at your photos you have excellent technical (lens/camera) quality now. The main difference between yours and those you aspire towards is creativity, general photo ability and off camera flash.



Don't get me wrong - I like your pictures and ability-wise we are about on the same level. I'd love to shoot like he does as well!



Having said that, I'd be tempted towards the 17-50 2.8 to give you more options and a cheap flash. I shoot off camera with my SB-20 which is about 14 years old.



Then look at just one of those picture you (and I!) admire and think how you would recreate it. Look how he balances flash and ambient, look how he lights, look how low he gets.



best of luck,



ian

No comments: