Tuesday, October 30, 2007

UK Recall of Canon EOS-1D Mark III



Crangulabford posted a reply:

I've been trying to shoot indoor rec. soccer with the 70-300VR.



Check the results here.

The lights inside are bright of course, but all of them are along the perimeter of the dome, bouncing off the walls - there's no light coming directly off the ceiling which makes things difficult. No flash obviously - didn't want to be a distraction.



I shot wide open (f/3.5-4.5 I believe), but I had to shoot at ISO800 just to get a decent exposure at 1/100 shutter speed. Even then I still got fairly substantial motion blur in some shots. A lot of those shots are cropped and edited in Photoshop - just for noise reduction and exposure/brightness.



I'd say go for it if you're in a better-lit venue than I was in.

Obviously, I'm open to anyone's suggestions

No comments: