Thursday, September 27, 2007

Reply to Canon Re-Calibration



Kelly T posted a reply:

I've had the same issues and just shipped my lens off last week to Canon. I received the email yesterday letting me know they got it and they're working on it. I'm slightly stressed since I have three weddings in a row starting next weekend and this is my primary lens. But I felt the images were just too soft for L glass. I have the 70-200 2.8 (non-IS) lens, and it produces sharper portraits than the 24-70. Much sharper.



I contacted Canon's technical support and they gave me the instructions for returning the lens. Here's the number:



1-800-828-4040



If you are a professional photographer be sure to ask them about Canon Professional Services. It's a free membership for pro photogs, and you receive all kinds of benefits including expedited repairs (3-5 days instead of 7-10). You have to mail in the application and it takes 1-3 weeks for approval, so I didn't get mine sent in time.

No comments: