Thursday, September 27, 2007

Reply to What to do with a damaged lens?



gfrphoto posted a reply:

yeah I have a 28-105 that got dropped and gives some crappy funky focusing errors now. I don't want to toss it, but it sells as a working lens on ebay for like $60, not sure what it would sell for in this condition.



It focuses just fine sometimes, but not always. seems like the left side of the photo when in landscape position gets out of focus, front to back (so I know its not a dof issue). The right side seems relatively fine and generally has sharp focus from font to back.



I doubt the cost of repair would be worth it, but I don't just want to through away. I'm surprised there aren't 'lens recycling' places, or something you could mail back to canon, nikon, sigma, etc to get credit towards newer purchaes.

No comments: